Welcome to Pearland’s Breast Care Center
You’ve just discovered a warm, welcoming environment, where Pearland’s most caring cross-functional team of experts offers the very latest in comprehensive woman’s care, cancer prevention and cancer treatment.
Pearland mammograms are just the beginning of Pearland breast care
The Pearland Breast Diagnostic Center offers everything you need to ensure the very latest in prevention and early detection of breast cancer as well as other related conditions. You’ll find it all right here, from mammograms to diagnostic imaging to a team of deeply caring medical professionals, each dedicated to your comfort, your convenience and your health.
Services provided by Women’s Diagnostic Imaging Services at Pearland Medical Center include:
- 3D Mammography: This powerful new tool in the fight against breast cancer allows your doctor to see masses much more clearly than a conventional 2D image will allow.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging): Breast MRIs offer valuable information about some breast conditions that cannot be found through other procedures such as mammography and ultrasound.
- Bone Densitometry – This is the established standard for measuring bone mineral density. This test assesses osteoporosis and bone-fracture risk.
- Ultrasound-Guided, Stereotactic and MRI-Guided Breast Biopsies: The latest in biopsy removal allows minimally invasive, rapid sampling of breast tissue.
- Ultrasound – We use sound waves to distinguish normal breast tissue from a fluid-filled cyst or a solid mass without the need for radiation.
Our radiology technicians are certified and registered with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). ARRT requires all radiology technicians to complete classroom and clinical education, pass an exam, meet ethics requirements, complete continuing education, and remain compliance with ARRT.
The ARRT Standards of Ethics provide proactive guidance about what it means to be qualified and to motivate and promote a culture of ethical behavior within the profession.
Each radiology technician holds a license from the Texas Department of Health Services, which promotes education in radiation safety and use of the lowest dose of radiation possible as defined by the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) method for each exam.
Our radiologists are board certified by the American College of Radiology,as well, and we are ACR-accredited in mammography, CT Scan, nuclear medicine and ultrasound. ACR accreditation is considered the gold standard of medical imaging, which means:
- We voluntarily completed a rigorous review process.
- Our staff members are well qualified through education and certification to perform and interpret medical images and administer radiation therapy treatments.
Our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
Your most convenient Pearland mammogram testing location
The Pearland Breast Diagnostic Center is located at the southwest intersection of Highway 288 and Shadow Creek Parkway.